9th Grade College Checklist
- Take the most challenging courses possible. They're worth it.
- Start thinking about your dream career. Collect information in a file.
- Talk to people with interesting jobs and ask lots of questions.
- Go to a career day at your school or elsewhere.
- Check out TechPrep courses- you can get college credit for classes you take in high school.
- Talk to your high school counselor about creating a college admissions plan.
- Talk to your parents about saving for college. Talk to your high school counselor about financial aid, too.
- Get active in extracurricular activities and volunteer for community service projects. More than school matters.
- Scope out summer enrichment programs that focus on a particular subject, such as science or math.
- Grades are one of the top things universities consider. Earn the best you can.