Applying for college is just two years away. Continue taking college preparatory courses to be ready for college-level work.
- Take the most challenging courses you can this year.
- Discuss your future dreams with your high school counselor at least once a semester.
- Explore your options for TechPrep courses - you can get college credit for technical classes you take in high school.
- Plan to take the Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT) and the National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (NMSQT). It's the key to some scholarships.
- Read, read, read. Work on your writing skills.
- Learn about current affairs. Keep on top of world news.
- Keep your grades up.
- Take part in summer enrichment programs and special workshops that focus on a particular subject, such as science or math.
- Update your record of activities and/or community service project, including recent accomplishments and awards.
- Start planning the extracurricular activities you want to be involved in next year.